It sounds like a great deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t love something free, right?
Companies that promote appealing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free often make customers think they're going to hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, it's important to view these offers carefully. Many times, what looks like a great deal at first may not be so good in the long run. Unscrupulous companies may increase the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount they're promoting.
There’s the saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t very many air conditioners that are really free when everything is accounted for
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A so-called "free" AC could come at the expense of having to pay higher installation fees or purchasing expensive additional services. It's very important for people to meticulously evaluate the overall cost and terms before falling for such advertisements. One way to protect yourself is to seek a second opinion from a reputable HVAC company, such as Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc, and compare prices of the entire installation.
The following are some of the ways a “free” AC could come back to bite your wallet
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may increase the pricing of their services and products to cover for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the deal much higher than it first appears.
- Hidden installation fees: Even though the air conditioner may technically be free, buyers may encounter surprising installation charges that weren't clearly stated in the advertised offer. These charges can significantly increase the full price of the system.
- Mandatory additional services: To recover the cost of the supposedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at inflated prices. These can quickly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies sometimes will pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, saying it will result in enhanced performance or greater efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or provide much value for when you consider how much they cost.
- Warranty limitations: While the original offer may include warranties, some companies might apply restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that limit the coverage. You might need to pay even more for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
You Deserve Better than False Promotions. Try a Reliable HVAC Company
When it comes to choosing a furnace, it's important to focus on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being lured by flashy offers, it is wiser to partner with a reputable company.
What are the signs of a reputable HVAC service provider? The company will have a solid track record in the industry, backed by favorable customer testimonials. It also will have required certifications and licenses, which indicates it adheres to industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating provider handle pricing? It will provide clear and fair pricing, that doesn't have any hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Fair, Long-Lasting HVAC Installation in Oxford, Call Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc
At Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc, we take pride in delivering our customers trustworthy and high-quality HVAC service in Oxford. Whether you need furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you exceptional support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our knowledgeable professionals are skilled in their craft and equipped with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We are dedicated to providing customer satisfaction, and our friendly staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Franklin's Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc, you can rest easy you'll get superior service from an HVAC company that genuinely cares about your comfort.
Call 662-281-1231 today for your free, no-obligation estimate.